Fashion News Alert: Johnny Depp Dramas Increases Sales of Dior’s Sauvage, Herve Leger’s New Collaboration, and G-III Acquires Karl Lagerfeld

Image courtesy of yahoo.com

Hollywood power stylist Law Roach has created a resort capsule collaboration with Herve Leger. This lilac and neutral-toned, 25-piece collection seeks to take a new perspective on the brand’s famed bandage dress.

Law Roach has made a name for himself in Hollywood for styling such celebs as Zendaya, Bella Hadid, Tiffany Haddish, Celine Dion, and Ariana Grande. Roach also appeared on “America’s Next Top Model” as a judge.

Roach has dropped a hint that the resort capsule collection will contain ribbon embroideries and stripes. The Hervé Léger x Law Roach collection, priced between $690 and $2,900, is set to drop online and in selected stores this October.

Image courtesy of thehollywoodreporter.com

Depp’s defamation increases sales

You must be living under a bush if you aware of the salacious defamation trial of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Though some may not agree with the judgement rendered by the judge in the case, one thing is true, the case has increased sales of Dior’s men’s fragrance Sauvage, the fragrance which Depp is the face of.

Depp’s fans have made Sauvage the highest selling men’s fragrance this week at Ulta and Sephora. Depp has been the face of Sauvage since 2015.

Wall Street Journal editor Jacob Gallagher noted that Sauvage has also become the fourth top-selling men’s eau de parfum on Amazon.com and the TikTok hashtag #diorsauvage has been viewed nearly 350 million times. A spokesperson for Depp explained to Gallagher that “[Depp] knows that Dior, in particular, has been steadfast and unwavering in its support and he will always be grateful to them and to all those who have supported him through the sales on his behalf.”

There has been no comment on why Dior has not dropped Johnny Depp as the face of Sauvage due to the defamation charges between Depp and ex-wife Amber Heard.

Image courtesy of PYMNT.com

Karl Lagerfeld acquired

This past Thursday G-III Apparel Group, Ltd announced that it had fully acquired the Karl Lagerfeld brand. G-III Apparel previously owned a 19 percent stake in the brand. G-III acquired the remaining 81% for $214 million dollars.

“We have great respect for Karl Lagerfeld’s experienced and talented leadership team, led by Pier Paolo Righi, with whom we have worked closely for the past seven years,” said G-III Apparel’s CEO, Morris Goldfarb, when the transaction was first announced last month. “This team, combined with G-III’s expertise, is expected to unlock more of the brand’s global potential, which we believe represents a retail sales opportunity in excess of $2 billion.”

Karl Lagerfeld launched his eponymous brand in 1984 and the brand had experienced a resurgence in the past decade. The brand was taken over by Pier Paolo Righi toward the end of 2011.

Presently there are over 120 company-owned and franchised stores and is also available in select multi-brand retailers and its online website. In 2021, Karl Lagerfeld’s sales increased by 40%, compared to 2020.

William S. Gooch

Speak Your Mind

*

Copyright © 2012-2021 | Fashion Reverie Publications, LLC - All Rights Reserved